Pastor-teacher Don Hargrove
Faith Bible Church
Wednesday, April, 7, 2010
LIFE OF DAVID – Part 11 –
SUPERGRACE CAPACITY AND THE FAITH-REST LIFE
A. Preparation for Bible Class.
1. Our so great GRACE salvation, Jn 3:16; Acts 16:31; Eph 2:8-10; Jn 3:36.
2. Biblical spirituality, Jn 14:16; 16:7, 12-15; Acts 1:4-8.
3. Biblical spiritual maturity, Eph 4:12-16, 1 Cor 3:1-4.
B. 1 Samuel 16:1, Biblical Principles on supergrace and escrow blessings.
1. God has a great desire to bless you above all you could ask or imagine but before He can do that there must be capacity for those blessings – that capacity can only be created in us in the supergrace life where there exists an οἰκοδομία OIKODOMIA (building, structure) of doctrine, i.e. divine viewpoint, Psa 1; 1 Cor 2:16; 1 Sam 13:13; 2 Sam 12:8; James 4:6; Eph 3:20; Isaiah 30:18.
2. Every believer has an escrow account filled with unbelievable supergrace blessings, Eph 1:2-3; 1:18; 3:16; Phil 4:19; Col 1:27; 1 Cor 2:9; 2 Pet 1:11.
3. God’s supergrace blessings must never be confused with the heresies in the prosperity “gospel” movements where material prosperity is the proof and essence of spiritual prosperity, Philip 4:11-12; 1 Tim 3:1-3; 6:5-6, 10; Js 4-5; Heb 11; Rev 3:17.
4. Supergrace blessings are all about spiritual capacity - without capacity no amount nor kind of physical or material “prosperity” can be true blessings or can bring true inner happiness, Ps 1:1; 1 Sam 18:6-9; 15:12; 1 Chronicles 17:16.
5. How does God see you? 1 Sam 16:1; 2 Chron 16:9; 2 Sam 12. David or Saul? Abraham or Lot? Paul or Demas? Philadelphian believer or Laodecian.
C. 1 Sam 16:2, fear in times of uncertainty during times of national reversionism.
1. Do not allow politics to distract you from the SL, JC is in control – He is always working behind the scenes, He decided to put you “here and now,” Acts 17:26.
2. Anytime the believer is tempted with fear and anxiety in times of national uncertainty, he must orient to the faith-rest life more than ever and redouble his efforts to stay in fellowship and make BD #1 priority – intake and application, Heb 4.
3. It is in times of degeneracy, difficulties, and persecution that God can really accelerate your life and bring you into your escrow blessings, 1 Peter 1:6-8; 5:6,7
4. In times of national degeneracy, God must be the Source of your strength and focus, Isa 41:10-13.
5. Worry and anxiety are sins – and even worse: evil thinking – the very opposite of the FRL, Rom. 14:23.
6. It is through the faith-rest life that the believer can move into SG, Heb 4.
7. It is the faith-rest life that produces a relaxed mental attitude and victory over mental attitude sins, Isa. 26:3,4; Rom. 5:5; 2 Cor. 5:7.
8. It is the faith-rest life which brings fantastic peace that passes understanding (Philip 4:4-7); a happiness (+H) that does not depend on people, circumstances, or things; a relaxed mental attitude arising out of victory over sins of mental attitude.
9. The key to the success of the faith-rest system lies in the validity of the object of our faith, the Word of God – not in the act of faith itself.
10. Fear is a key that unlocks many evil doors and plummets the believer into reversionism.
11. Fear cannot coexist with the function of God’s plan of God for your life.
12. Fear eliminates a personal sense of destiny, so that the loser believer cannot overcome emotional sins like fear, worry, anxiety, guilt, denial, projection.
13. For the believer, fear is failure to learn and apply Bible doctrine to the problems of life.
14. The POG is designed to remove fear and replace it with confidence in doctrine, which leads to confidence in the Lord, 2 Tim 1:7.
15. Fear is a sign of reversionism. 1 Sam 18:12,29, 28:20.
16. Fear is prohibited in the grace plan of God. Deut 31:6,8; Josh 8:1; 1 Chr 28:20; Isa 41:10; 2 Tim 1:7.
17. Maturity is characterized by courage or lack of fear. Ps 3:6, 56:3, 11; Heb 11:27.
18. The more things you surrender to fear, the more things you fear.
D. 1 Sam 16:3-12, God’s selection of supergrace believer David.
1. Jesus Christ is in control of history and is ALWAYS working behind the scenes, Rom 13:1; Heb 1:3; Col 1:16; Acts 17:26-27.
2. Reversionistic people are always stupid when it comes to picking a leader – or for that matter selecting in just about anything else, 1 Sam 16:7; 1 Cor 3:1-5.
3. Only God’s promotions are true promotions - if God does not promote you then you are not REALLY promoted, 2 Sam 7:8.
4. True Greatness is never on the outside – it is on the inside.
E. 1 Sam 16:13, understanding the ministry of the Holy Spirit - then and now.
1. There is a huge difference between the ministry of the Holy Spirit in the Old Testament and the New Testament, Jn 7:39; 14:17; 16:12-15; Eph 4:30; Psa 51:11.
2. The ministry of the HS in the OT was very limited.
3. The ministry of the HS could be removed if the believer moved into reversionism whereas in the CA, He never leaves the believer, 1 Sam 16:14; Psa 51:11.
4. The limited ministry of the HS in the Old Testament dispensation became operational through the FRL (Heb 11; Zech 4:6; Num 27:18).
5. Further enablement from the Spirit could be received by praying for the Holy Spirit, 2 Kings 2:9-10; Luke 11:13.
6. Christ sent the Spirit upon the disciples for this further enablement to sustain them for 50 days until the day of Pentecost – Day of permanent indwelling, Jn 20:22.
7. Once the church age began, every believer is permanently indwelt by the Holy Spirit, Jn 7:37-39. 14:16-17; 1 Cor 3:16; 6:19-20.