Pastor-teacher Don Hargrove
Faith Bible Church
Sunday, April 4, 2010
RESURRECTION SPECIAL 2010:
The Resurrection of Christ and the Prospect of a Resurrected life NOW!
A. Preparation for Bible class:
1. Salvation: Mt 7:13-14, 22-23; Gal 1:8-9; Acts 16:30-31; Jn 3:36.
2. Biblical Spirituality, 1 Cor 2-3; Mk 7:5.
B. Importance of the resurrection of Jesus Christ and the marvelous prospect of living in the power of a resurrected life NOW – in that new eternal life gained at the moment of salvation!
1. If there be no resurrection of Jesus Christ then Christianity is nothing but a sham – and you might as well live simply for this temporal world, 1 Cor 15:12-19.
2. The many convincing and infallible proofs of the resurrection of Christ, 1 Cor 15:7; Acts 1:3.
3. The resurrection – our ultimate destination, Jn 11:26; Js 4:14; 1 Jn 3:2; 1 Cor 15:53-54.
4. Living in power of a resurrected life NOW – the newness of life NOW! the power of Christ’s resurrected life NOW!
a. The prospect of entering into the powerful resurrected life now, Rom 6; Philip 3:10.
b. The dynamics of living the resurrected life, Col 3:1-3; Heb 12:1-2; 2 Cor 4:7-11; Eph 2:1-6;
5. Failure to enter into the resurrected new life means becoming simply a bystander or onlooker in life – either as an unsaved person or a saved person, Jn 12:13.
C. The crucifixion, death and resurrection of Christ – unbeliever and believer bystanders, onlookers – versus the few who “got it,” Jn 19-21.
D. Celebration of the Lord’s Supper, 1 Cor 11:17-34.