Pastor-teacher Don Hargrove
Faith Bible Church
Judgment Seat of Jesus Christ
1. The Judgment Seat of Jesus Christ refers to the time and place where the believer is evaluated for rewards or loss of rewards.
2. The foundation on which the believer builds is the LJC his position in Christ, 1 Cor 3:11.
3. Two categories of materials.
a. Non-combustibles: gold, silver, precious stones. This is triple compound divine good: gold (from the filling of the HS), silver (from epignosis), and precious stones (from ECS/maturity).
b. Combustible: wood, hay, stubble.
4. Gold speaks of Deity. Anything in your life that is glorifying to God, i.e. nine-fold fruit of the Spirit; faith-rest, Gal 5:22-23; Col 3:17.
5. Silver speaks of Redemption, i.e. witnessing as a result of the epignosis.
6. Precious stones used to adorn. Manifestation of the mature spiritual life, i.e. reflection of the mind and character of Jesus Christ, 1 Cor 2:16.
7. Wood: Can be beautiful, and even awe-inspiriing, but will not stand up under fire. Any activity in the energy of the flesh which glorifies self.
8. Hay: Any energy of the flesh situated where you failed to use epignosis doctrine, thereby failing to witness with life and lips.
9. Stubble: Production of the old sin nature related to carnality and immaturity, worry, anxiety, gossip, strife, envy, jealousy, lust, pride,
10. Fire will be the tester.
11. Everything done in the power of the Spirit will be rewarded; and our carnality will not take away what has been done in the power of the Holy Spirit.
12. To whom much is given, much shall be required: Evaluation is based on spiritual capacity. A pint full will receive more reward than a gallon with just a pint in it.
Luke 12:48 but the one who did not know it, and committed deeds worthy of a flogging, will receive but few. And from everyone who has been given much shall much be required; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more.
13. Rewards are based on your operational capacity in the spiritual life (phase 2).
14. False motivation destroys any possibility of rewards during the period that false motivation exists.
15. When you really understand grace you will be able to understand rewards as a result of living in grace and being productive in the spiritual life rather than viewing rewards as something that a person earns on the basis of his own gifts, talents, and achievements in life.