FORTY THINGS GOD DOES
FOR US AT SALVATION
At salvation we are placed into Christ. The term “in Christ” in the Bible always implies positional truth. Our position in Christ provides us 40 blessings from God the Father.
1. EFFICACIOUS GRACE. Makes faith effective. The Holy Spirit takes the place of the human spirit in understanding gospel. The unbeliever understand spiritual truth to be true, 1 Cor 2:14. He is dichotomous – only having a body and soul, Jn 19:30; Eph 1:13.
2. SEALING MINISTRY OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. We are sealed (guaranteed salvation) until the day of our redemption, Eph 1:13.
3. ETERNAL INHERITANCE. We will be glorified with Christ in the eternal state, Eph 1:14, 18; Rom 8:17; Heb 9:15.
4. REGENERATION. New birth is part of salvation (Jn 3:3ff; Titus 3:5). We become part of God’s family, Jn 1:12.
5. ETERNAL LIFE. We will spend eternity with God in heaven, Jn 3:14-16.
6. +R. God’s perfect righteousness is received at salvation. It is imputed to us. God can then have personal love toward the believer because He can love His own righteousness. This is a judicial imputation, Rm 4:3; 3:22.
7. JUSTIFICATION. Declared righteous, Rom 4:1-5; 5:9; Gal 2:16; Rom 3:22, 26. The source is God the Father. Means is faith in Christ, Rom 3:28.
8. RECONCILIATION. To change thoroughly. From dead in sins to alive in Christ, Eph 2:1, 12, 16. Alienated from God (Col 1:19-22) to New Creatures (2 Cor 5:1719, 21).
9. PROPITATION BENEFICIARIES. Satisfaction! God is satisfied with the work of Christ and we receive the benefit, Rom 3:25; 1 Jn 2:2; 4:10. We become beneficiaries of His grace.
10. UNLIMITED ATONEMENT. Christ died for the sins of all mankind, even those who remain unbelievers, 2 Cor 5:14, 15, 19; Heb 2:9.
11. REDEMPTION. Christ’s work directed toward sin. We are purchased out of the slave market of sin, Rom 3:23; 6:17; Gal 3:10; Rm 8:23; Eph 1:7.
12. BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. All believers placed into the body of Christ at salvation, 1 Cor 12:13; Gal 3:26-27. Baptized into one body. Determines our position in Christ.
13. CREATED A NEW SPIRITUAL SPECIES. The believer is a new Species. Jews were a new racial species. Position in Adam superseded by position in Christ. 2 Cor 5:17; Gal 6:15.
14. ENTRY INTO ROYAL FAMILY OF GOD. All believers are members of God’s family by choice. We enjoy the privileges of Royal Family, heirs with Christ, Eph 1:5; Jn 1:12; Rom 8:17; Col 3:24; Heb 9:15.
15. ENTRANCE INTO EQUAL PRIVILEGE AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY. All believers have same (equal) opportunity for growing to spiritual maturity. Believer has equal privilege and equal opportunity to living and in dying. X+Y+Z = PPG.
16. POSITIONAL SANCTIFICATION. Removes barriers set up by believer. The believer is in union with Christ. Set apart by Bible doctrine, believer is not part of the cosmic system, Jn 17:14-20.
17. ELECTION, COMPUTER ASSET. Election provides equal privilege and equal opportunity for the believer. The believer is elected by God’s foreknowledge, Eph 1:4; 1 Pet 1:1-2; Eph 1:18.
18. PREDESTINATION, COMPUTER ASSET. God has pre-determined that believers would be His adopted sons, Eph 1:5.
19. UNIVERSAL PRIESTHOOD. All believers have direct access to God the Father through Christ. No human mediator required. 1 Pt 2:5, 9; Rev 1:6.
20. ROYAL AMBASSADORSHIP. The believer is given the role of ambassador for Christ. We represent Him to others. Eph 6:20.
21. INDWELLING OF GOD THE FATHER. God in His omnipresence indwells each believer, Jn 14:23; Eph 4:6.
22. INDWELLING OF GOD THE SON. Christ is in us as believers, Jn 14:20; 17:22, 23; Rom 8:10.
23. INDWELLING OF GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT. We are the temple of God the Holy Spirit, Rom 8:11; 1 Cor 3:16; 2 Cor 6:16.
24. UNIQUE AVAILABILITY OF DIVINE POWER. The believer is placed into the Divine Dynasphere (spiritual power sphere). God’s power is available to each believer in proportion to the believer’s knowledge of Bible doctrine.
25. ENTRANCE INTO UNIQUE PROTOCOL PLAN OF GOD. The Holy Spirit enters us into Protocol Plan of God (PPG) through the filling of the Holy Spirit. PPG gives the believer hope/confidence.
26. FILLING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. Absolute state of being in fellowship with God. Either the Holy Spirit or the old sin nature dominates the soul. Volition decides between sin and spirituality, Eph 5:18.
27. DISTRIBUTION OF SPIRITUAL GIFTS. Gifts are sovereignly bestowed to every believer at the moment of salvation, 1 Cor 12:4, 11, 18.
28. ALL JUDGMENT REMOVED. Sin is not an issue in salvation and it is not an issue at the judgment seat of Christ. Christ was judged for our sins as our substitute, Jn 3:18; 5:24; Rom 8:1.
29. DELIVERANCE FROM THE KINGDOM OF SATAN. Christ defeated Satan on the Cross and delivered us from the authority of Satan, Col 1:13a; 2:15.
30. TRANSFER INTO KINGDOM OF GOD. The believer becomes a member of the family of God, Col 1:13b.
31. BELIEVER IS A GIFT FROM GOD THE FATHER TO GOD THE SON. Christ is the head of the church, believers are the body, Jn 10:29; 17:2, 6, 9, 11, 12, 24.
32. DELIVERANCE FROM POWER OF THE OSN. An unbeliever has no choice but to be a slave to the OSN. A believer has been purchased out of the slave market of sin and now has a choice, Rom 6:6-7, 10-11, 12, 14, 17-18, Philip 3:3.
33. ACCESS TO GOD. Believer is declared righteous. Access to God is by faith in Christ- believer is a priest, Rom 5:12; Eph 2:18.
34. PRE-SALVATION SCAR TISSUE REMOVED FROM THE SOUL. God no longer remembers our sins, Isa 43:24-25; 44:22.
35. RECIPIENT OF ESCROW BLESSINGS. God has set aside blessings for time and eternity for the believer who advances to maturity in the PPG, Eph 1:3; Philip 3:14.
36. SECURE FOUNDATION. Christ is the foundation of the believer’s salvation. Christ is the basis of our relationship with God, 1 Cor 3:11; 10:4; Eph 2:20.
37. RELATIONSHIP TO GOD THE SON BY BIBLICAL ANALOGY.
a. Last Adam – 1 Cor 15:45 New Creation – 2 Cor 5:17
b. Head – Col 1:18 Body – 1 Cor 12:13
c. Great Shepherd – Heb 13:20 Sheep – Jn 10:27-29
d. True Vine – Jn 15:1, 5 Branches – Jn 15:5
e. Chief Cornerstone – Eph 2:20 Stones in Bldg – 1 Pet 2:5
f. Great High Priest – Heb 4:14 Royal Priesthood – 1 Pet 2:9
g. Groom – Jn 3:29 Bride – Eph 5:23-27, 32
h. King of Kings – Rev 19:16 Royal Family – 1 Pet 2:9-10
38. RECIPIENTS OF ETERNAL SECURITY – Our eternal security is guaranteed by the essence of God, Jn 3:15; 5:24; 10:28; 2 tim 2:13; Gal 3:26.
39. GUARANTEED A RESURRECTION BODY – Believer receives a resurrection body at the Judgment Seat of Christ, Jn 11:25; Rom 8:30.
40. TEN PROBLEM SOLVING DEVICES – God has provided each believer a man to solve the problems of life.
#1 Grace recovery – Name your sins to God the Father – 1 Jn 1:9.
a. Confess, 1 Jn 1:9.
b. Isolate sin, Heb 12:15.
c. Forget sin, Philip 3:13.
d. Keep moving, Philip 3:14
#2 Filling of the Holy Spirit – results in spirituality, an absolute state of being in fellowship with God.
#3 Faith Rest Drill
#4 Grace Orientation – Believer cannot solve problems without grace orientation. Grace is function of attributes of God.
#5 Doctrinal Orientation – Orientation to the Plan of God. Confidence in Doctrine.
#6 Personal Love for God – Personal love depends on the virtue of the object.
#7 Impersonal Love toward man – Impersonal love is unconditional love toward all mankind.
#8 +H – Sharing the happiness of God.
#9 Personal Sense of Destiny – the believer must realize he has a destiny. Fulfillment depends upon understanding of PPG.
#10 Occupation with Christ – Occupation with Christ is a motivator, 2 Cor 5:14-17. Results from intake, retention, and application of Bible doctrine.